When you’re trying to reduce your alcohol intake, the festive season can make it very difficult. Whilst it’s important to remind yourself why you have these goals, it also helps to have some go-to alternatives.
Here are some tasty mocktails to add to your wish list...
Non-alcoholic mulled wine
- Get out your saucepan and pour in 500ml pomegranate juice, 25g golden caster sugar, a handful of frozen blackberries, and 250ml apple juice.
- Next, place one cinnamon stick, one star of anise, four cloves, three black peppercorns, and one orange cut into quarters into the saucepan.
- Heat gently until simmering then strain into heatproof glasses.
Spiced apple syrup with clementine & cloves
- Another one for the saucepan! Pour 200ml apple juice and mix in: one cinnamon stick; one tablespoon whole allspice; one mace blade; two whole cloves; a small strip of fresh ginger, 100g golden caster sugar; one peeled clementine.
- Heat it all together, bring to boil and then simmer for ten minutes.
- Strain into heatproof glasses and enjoy.
Nutmeg & orange Christmas coffee
- Get a large cafeteria and put in four tablespoons of ground coffee, one cinnamon stick and two pitted dates.
- Add a pinch of ground nutmeg, two cloves and orange zest, then pour over 400ml freshly boiled water.
- Stir gently to combine, then leave to settle for four minutes. Slowly push down the plunger and serve into espresso cups.
Passionfruit & elderflower spritz
- Chill your flute glass.
- Mix together 50ml passion fruit juice, 25ml lemon juice and two tablespoons of elderflower cordial.
- Gently add in 150ml of sparkling water, then stir gently.
- To garnish, drop in some passion fruit seeds and a lime leaf.
If you try one of these mocktails or even make your own - send us your pictures over on our Facebook page - we’d love to see them!
Recipes brought to you by BBC Good Food
Get in touch
Click the below button to take our online assessment to help you understand more about your health needs, prioritise them and find the right support for you.
Alternatively, if you would like to speak to someone about any of our services, or would like assistance taking the assessment online please contact us on 0300 303 9988 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk to one of our friendly team members.