As of midnight on Friday 16th October, the government has confirmed that Essex will move to the high COVID alert level.
The high covid alert level contains the following rules:
- You cannot meet socially with friends and family indoors, in any setting. The only exceptions are when you live with them or have formed a support bubble with them.
- You cannot meet with any more than six people in an outdoor setting.
- You cannot visit a care home. Unless there is an exceptional circumstance - for example, to visit an individual who is at the end of their life.
- You can attend places of worship for a service but you mustn’t mix with anyone outside of your household or support bubble.
- You can still move home if you’re currently in a high alert level area.
- You can still travel outside of high alert level areas, but only with people in your household or support bubble. You should also avoid travelling to very high local COVID alert level areas and comply with the rules within your given location.
- All office workers who can work effectively from home must do so over the winter period.
- Pubs, bars, and restaurants will remain open but you can only sit indoors with a single household.
- You cannot meet with a group of more than six people in an outdoor space of a pub, bar, or restaurant.*
Please remember, you are not alone. The Essex Wellbeing Service has a multitude of resources to help you with your situation. This includes volunteers that can help vulnerable members of the community with essential everyday needs such as shopping; dog walking; lifestyle advice; transportation; a friendly phone call and more.
We completely empathise that this red-alert will have a knock-on effect on both mental and physical health in our county. We strongly advise Essex residents to click the below button to take our online assessment. This will help you to understand more about your health needs, prioritise them and find the right support for you.
Get in touch
Click the below button to take our online assessment to help you understand more about your health needs, prioritise them and find the right support for you.Take the Online Assessment TODAY
Alternatively, if you would like to speak to someone about any of our services, or would like assistance taking the assessment online please contact us on 0300 303 9988 or email email@example.com to talk to one of our friendly team members.
*For more detailed information on the restrictions, please visit the Essex County Council website.