Prostate Cancer: Prostate cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in men in the UK
Testicular Cancer: Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in men aged 25-49
Poor Mental Health: On average, 13 men each day take their life by suicide in the UK
This November, Working Well are thrilled to be able to offer participating organisations a month-long campaign of training sessions and motivational speakers on a wide range of topics, just for men. We'll record the sessions as well, so if you miss the live sessions, you can watch them at your own leisure.
Our fathers, partners, brothers and friends face a health crisis that isn’t being talked about. Men are dying too young. We can’t afford to stay silent. The Movember Foundation are a charity tackling men’s health on a global scale. They are addressing some of the biggest health issues faced by men: prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and mental health and suicide prevention.
In 13 years, they’ve funded more than 1,200 men’s health projects around the world. By 2030 they want to reduce the number of men dying prematurely by 25%. We want to create a positive change for men’s health by raising awareness and educating men to engage with the month formerly known as November.
Our programme will aim to raise the awareness of:
- Mental Health and managing during COVID
- Testicular and Prostate health
- Managing work/life balance
- MATES support for men and the importance of physical activity
- Becoming a Dad during COVID
- Men and Grief
- Men in Sheds – support for men
- Real life stories of recovery: prostate and testicular cancer and alcohol dependency
- My role as a Mental Health First Aider
- Open Road - Understanding addiction and support
- Moustaches In Movember: For 30 days your moustache turns you into a walking, talking billboard for men’s health
- MOVE In Movember - TAKE THE MOVE CHALLENGE - a 30-day physical fitness
Keepy Uppy Challenge
We are literally "kicking off" our campaign with the Provide CEO, Mark Heasman, who is challenging you to literally "pass the ball around Essex".
Sign up to Working Well
If you would like to sign up to our Working Well programmes, register your interest, or speak to someone for more information, please click the below button to complete our Working Well Registration Form.Sign up today!